Thursday, December 13, 2018

Day 4 - Thursday, November 13


Busy Catholic's 2018 Online Advent Retreat
Fourth Day • Thursday, December 13
Scripture (Isaiah 41:13,17-20)
For I am the LORD, your God; It is I who say to you, do not fear, I will help you…. 
The afflicted and the needy seek water in vain, their tongues are parched with thirst. I, the LORD, will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. 
I will open up rivers on the bare heights, and fountains in the broad valleys; I will turn the wilderness into a marshland, and the dry ground into springs of water.
In the wilderness I will plant the cedar, acacia, myrtle, and olive; in the wasteland I will set the cypress, together with the plane tree and the pine,
That all may see and know that the hand of the LORD has done this, the Holy One of Israel has created it.

> How does this reading add to our understanding or appreciation for the Christmas event?

The Pope's Reflection
Let us give thanks to God for the good things that he has given us, above all the faith. This is a wonderful grace… Let us think where can I go to bring a little relief, a little peace, to those who suffer? (Homily, December 14, 2014)
> How do the pope's words add to our understanding or appreciation for the Christmas event?

Our Reflection
Choose a question to ponder this day:
-- Can you think of times in the past when you were waiting to hear God say "Do not fear, I will help you, I will not forsake you"?
-- Do you or a loved one have a situation right now which hungers for God's reassurance and hope?
-- What experience of faithfulness and assurance will you celebrate this Christmas?

Prayer
Dear Father in Heaven, thank you for all the times that you have helped me, that you have walked with me in my time of need, that you have answered my prayers. You love all of us so much that you gave us Jesus to save us. There is no way that I can ever thank you enough for your great goodness! Yet I can strive to love you and my neighbor. Please help me to see you in those who are suffering around me. Please help me to reach out to them and extend all the love and help that I can. Please help me to ease their pain. Amen.

Published by special arrangement with Creative Publications for the Parish.
All Rights Reserved.  Used With Permission

No comments:

Post a Comment