Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Day 3 - Wednesday, December 12


Busy Catholic's 2018 Online Advent Retreat
Third Day • Wednesday, December 12
Scripture (Luke 1.41-42,46-48)
When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice, “Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.". And Mary said: “My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior. For he has looked upon his handmaid’s lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed."
> How does this reading add to our understanding or appreciation for the Christmas event?

The Pope's Reflection
When God visits us, he leaves us restless, with the healthy restlessness of those who feel they have been called to proclaim that he lives and is in the midst of his people. (Homily, December 12, 2016)
> How do the pope's words add to our understanding or appreciation for the Christmas event?

Our Reflection
Choose a question to ponder this day:
-- When or how have you experienced the "restlessness" that Mary and Elizabeth experienced when they realized that God was near?
-- What gets in the way of our recognizing God's real presence in our lives and the world around us?
-- What restlessness will you celebrate this Christmas?

Prayer
Dear Blessed Mother, your soul magnified the Lord. You gave praise to him who had done great things for you. May I also sing with you. May I also praise the Lord. May I also celebrate all the good he has done for me. I rejoice in the gift of your son. The Savior has come and is coming again! Please help me to share that joy with all whom I meet. Please help me to proclaim the Lord’s goodness and the promise of salvation. Amen.

Published by special arrangement with Creative Publications for the Parish.
All Rights Reserved.  Used With Permission

No comments:

Post a Comment