Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Day 2 - Tuesday, December 11

Busy Catholic's 2018 Online Advent Retreat

Second Day - Tuesday, December 11

Scripture (Matthew 18:1-2, 12-14)
At that time the disciples approached Jesus and said, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" He called a child ove, placed it in their midst, and said, "Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.... If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine in the hills and go in search of the stray? And if he finds it, amen, I say to you, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not stray. In just the same way, it is not the will of your heavenly Father that one of these little ones be lost.
>How does this reading add to our understanding or appreciation for the Christmas event?

The Pope's Reflection
What is most important is not seeking him, but rather allowing him to seek me, to find me and caress me with tenderness. The question put to us simply by the Infant’s presence is: do I allow God to love me? (Homily, December 24, 2014)
> How do the pope's words add to our understanding or appreciation for the Christmas event?


Our Reflection
Choose a question to ponder this day:
-- Can you identify a situation in which you allowed God to find you and love you?
-- Are there ways in which you are hiding from God right now, fearful to let him find you?
-- What rescue experience will you celebrate this Christmas?


Prayer
Dear Good Shepherd, sometimes I am the lost sheep. I am a stubborn creature who feels I know better than you what is good for me, what will truly make me happy. I get tempted by the empty promises of evil. I get caught up in what I want to do, and I leave your side. But, you always seek me. You always call out to me. You always welcome me back into the fold. All I need to do is repent my sins and follow you. Thank you for never giving up on me. Please help me to always hear your voice and follow in your footsteps. Amen. 

Published by special arrangement with Creative Publications for the Parish.
All Rights Reserved.  Used With Permission
 

No comments:

Post a Comment